Price includes Utah Concealed Firearm Permit training, but requires additional training hours for Utah requirements.
16 Hour Illinois Concealed Carry Course – $295.00
This course is divided into three sections and may be taken with no previous experience.
- The first section is NRA Basic Pistol Course, which teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
- The second section is Illinois Concealed Carry, focusing on all applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm.
- The range portion will require that you hit the silhouette portion of a B27 target with 70% of 30 rounds from 5 yards, 7 yards and 10 yards. First half of the range will be to complete the NRA basic pistol portion, using a .22 firearm and ammunition that will be provided. The second half will be the conceal carry qualification portion, it is recommended that you bring the gun you intend to carry. If you do not have a gun at this time, IFI will have one of the following guns available for you to use – a Glock 19 or Glock 26 9mm, Smith & Wesson MP 22 or a Ruger SR 22. You will need to bring your own ammunition for this portion; 50 rounds of factory manufactured 9mm or .22 long rifle ammunition.
12-Hour Illinois Concealed Carry Course – $265.00
This course is for those that have already completed one of the following courses:
- Illinois Hunter Safety Course – 4 hours
- Utah Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Nevada Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Missouri Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Kentucky Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Michigan Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Chicago Firearms Safety Course – 4 hours
8-Hour Illinois Concealed Carry Course – $175.00
This course is for those that have already completed one of the following courses: NRA Basic Pistol, NRA Personal Protection in the Home, or NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home. This course is also for you if you are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the United States Armed Forces.
- NRA Basic Pistol – 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home – 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home – 8 hours
- Active, Retired, or Honorably Discharged member of the United States Armed Forces – 8 hours
The above list are training courses acceptable to satisfy the prior training requirements, consistent with Sections 75(g) and (i) of the Act, and the appropriate credit to be applied for each. You must provide us with document proof of completion for any of the training hours listed below at the time of your class.
Utah Concealed Carry Permit – $100.00
This class is for those who want to obtain a non-resident Utah Concealed Permit recognized in several other states with your Illinois Concealed Carry License.
Private one on one or group classes with any of our instructors are available. Contact us for details.
Discounts available for large groups of 15 or more and first responder’s immediate family members.
- We reserve the right to refuse services, to anyone, for any reason.
- We reserve the right to terminate instruction if an IFI instructor deems a student’s cooperation or behavior to be unsatisfactory and/or unsafe. That student will be removed from class and forfeit any payments.
- All courses will be filled on a first come basis through registration only.
- Course dates/locations may be changed/postponed, due to enrollment, weather conditions, and/or other events beyond our control.
- Students not in attendance with no prior notice may be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Students may reschedule any class at no charge within 24 hour notice
For class scheduling and to register for a class, call Illinois Firearm Instruction at 773 885-1458 or email them at
For additional questions and information about your Illinois Concealed Carry License,
please visit the Illinois State Police Website